1.12.2008

Exposing the truth of Beverly Hills, 90210:

For the second season of 90210, the kids were supposed to be in grade 11, about 16-17 years old. Here's the "real" story:

Brandon was 22, Steve was 27, and Dylan was 26. Andrea was 30. The other kids were actually more close to being teenagers: Donna was 18; Kelly and David were both 19.

Was there a shortage of actual teenage actors in 1991? I remember thinking, before I knew their real ages, that once I turned 16 I would immediately have giant wrinkles across my forehead (a la Mr. Perry), and have completely scary laugh lines (thank you Mr. Priestly). My perception of aging was so afoul that I actually figured the Golden Girls were in their early 40's.

Okay, now I must immediately "expose the truth of the Golden Girls."

I am going to squelch some major misconceptions here, so don't be alarmed, and don't give me any of this:


In 1985, when the Golden Girls first premiered, Rue McClanahan was a tasty 51 years young. Estelle Getty was 62, and Betty White and Bea Arthur were both a delicious 63 years old.

No comments: